BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
One of our favorite appetizers to order is buffalo chicken dip - yet, we are fully aware of the extra creamy goodness from excessive amounts of sour cream, cream cheese, and mayo which isn't waistline friendly. In an effort to keep our clean eating in check we've revised this popular appetizer to be much healthier and really easy to make!
- A rotisserie chicken (opt for the breast meat)
- Homemade Paleo Mayo or plain greek yogurt
- Powdered Garlic - a dash or two
- Buffalo, Hot, or Wing sauce (tip: look at the added sugars in your sauces, if you are cutting out sugars Frank's Hot Sauce is always a great option)
How to make the buffalo dip:
Dice chicken breast into smaller chunky sized pieces and place into a mixing bowl. Add in 1 - 2 tablespoons of paleo mayo or greek yogurt, add a dash or two of powdered garlic, and mix well. Next, add in your preferred amount of buffalo/hot sauce - this will vary depending on your desired level of heat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator.
Alternative Options/Add - Ins
- Instead of using mayo or greek yogurt you could substitute ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Add in blue cheese crumbles
- Dice celery and incorporate into the mixture and eat with a spoon (personal favorite)
- Use as a topping in a spaghetti squash boat - (love this idea!)