In an effort to remain on-trend during Covid-19 we jumped on the Whipped Coffee trend which actually is called Dalgona Coffee originating from South Korea. As you scroll through Pinterest or Instagram it’s almost hard not to see a post featuring this butterscotch whipped coffee concoction and here’s our take.
First, be advised you need need to whip this stuff FOREVER! No seriously, whip it, whip it real good... until your hand cramps!
Tip: Use either a stand or hand mixer. 15 minutes of mixing is our sweet spot for fluffy whipped coffee.
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons of hot water
- Mix until dissolved
- Add in two heaping tablespoons of sweetener of choice (we opt for brown sugar)
- Mix for 15 minutes
- Pour over ice and milk of choice (unsweetened almond milk for us and a splash of vanilla creamer)
- YOU COULD ADD:
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce